Fifty-four Association members, spouses and guests have booked cabins for the reunion cruise. This is an excellent turnout, but there is still room for more. A list of all those currently booked is included below. For any late comers who are thinking of booking, here is where we are:
● The special offers for early booking are no longer available. There are staterooms still available on board the ship at the regular price. If you are interested in joining us, please contact our cruise agent, Kim Riemer, directly at kriemer [AT] cruiseplanners [DOT] com, or call (224) 267-0095. Kim will provide the availability of staterooms and pricing for a late booking.
● Even though you may have missed out on the bennies for early booking, this is still a great deal for a reunion. When you compare the costs of the typical reunion venue to a luxury cruise, the cruise wins hands down!
● This is also a rare opportunity to join your comrades for a great reunion with some special “extras”, including an Association cocktail party, group lunch and meeting at the Pinnacle Grill, and Marine Corps Birthday celebration and cake cutting at sea. We hope that you will join us!
For those of you already booked, here are a few reminders:
● Check your passports and assure that the expiration date is after May 2016. You are required to have six months remaining before your passport expires after the completion of the cruise. Renew your passport now, if required.
● Do not forget to complete the required on-line registration forms prior to the cruise. Go the Holland America Line website and follow the instructions. If you have any problems with registration, contact Kim Riemer.
● Take a look at the various shore trips and tours available during the cruise. You can make advance reservations through Kim. Specific information is shown on the Holland America website for the cruise.
● There is quite a bit of very useful information shown on the website. Take a look.
More to follow!
If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, contact Tim Bastyr or Kim Reimer.
Only six months and a wake up left!
Richard and Patricia Baldwin
Timothy and Sara Bastyr
Robert and Anne Basye
Stephen and Claire Benckenstein
Loren and Tamara Brand
Gerald and Barbara Burman
David and Rosemary Calabretta
George and Ann Cumpston
Andries and Betty Dehaan
Joseph and Olivine Dougherty
Andrew and Sharon Edmondson
Roger and Linda Heshiser
Raymond and Brigitte Horwath
Chuck and Jean Johnson
Gary and Lorelei Kerr
Gareth and Mary Logan
John and Mary Long
Lowell and Marie Lyman
Harry Bob and Twila Mills
William and Marilyn Moore
Andrew Pentaleri and Paula Holder
John and Janis Hunt
Trevor and Bonnie Sellers
Clarence and Jane Stoel
Donald and Joyce Stoneking
John and Reynalda Wolfe
As you have seen, the planning and registrations for our Reunion 2015 Marine Corps Birthday Cruise are ongoing. I invite all to join us. It will be a fun and enjoyable cruise/reunion.
We were the first Squadron with the H-46's in the Corps. The last flying H-46 is scheduled to make it's last flight on Sat. August 1, 2015. There is an "H-46 Phrog Farewell Program" at the Museum in Quantico on Friday July 31 with a Reception and Aug 1st at the Dulles Air & Space Museum. If you were in the Squadron in June 1964 you should make a special effort to be there.
As you know our numbers continue to dwindle. We currently have an opening on the Board of Directors. If you are interested in serving please give me a call at 410-903-4988.
Our Web-Master, Rich Duff recently passed and Chuck Johnson has volunteered to fill in as web-master. Chuck is currently working with an associate of Rich's to get our website extracted from Rich's and update the soft ware so we can attempt to publish more current items. This newsletter is the first attempt to publish on the updated website.
We are now looking for someone to assist Chuck in maintaining our site. If you are younger than 70 and can operate in "computer talk", please thinking about volunteering to help Chuck and give me a call.
Final thought for today. HMM-265 Veterans Association is a nonprofit organization and as such contributions are tax deductible. Our Treasury is basically from the slight overages from past Reunions and is used to start the next Reunion's planning. We collect no dues but do have a few expenses. We maintain a flower fund to send flowers to the funerals of those whom we know have passed. We will have some small expenses for this website from now on. SO, a small contribution from time to time will be appreciated. Send these to Gary Kerr, Treasurer, 12097 SE 175th Loop, Summerfield, FL 34491.